[ US /ˈkɛnt/ ]
[ UK /kˈɛnt/ ]
[ UK /kˈɛnt/ ]
- a county in southeastern England on the English Channel; formerly an Anglo-Saxon kingdom, it was the first to be colonized by the Romans
- United States painter noted for his woodcuts (1882-1971)
How To Use Kent In A Sentence
- And the Kent seaside town is not alone. The Sun
- She hadn't seen Kenta much, but when she had in the last week he had been smiling nervously and in a strained manner.
- On the River Darent, in Kent - which as recently as 1996 used to dry up in places during the summer, stranding and killing fish and other aquatic life - the amount taken from the river has been cut by 35m litres a day compared with 20 years ago, increasing river flows and so enabling much greater numbers of brown trout, pike and other fish to live in its waters. Rivers the healthiest in a generation due to stricter pollution controls
- We are privileged to have internationally important fish stocks on our doorstep, including salmon in the River Kent, and rare species such as char and schelly in the nearby lakes.
- Then the earle desired that he might put in mainprise, which was granted: and so the earle of Kent, sir Rafe Ferrers, sir Iohn Roch, & sir Iohn Draiton knights, mainprised the said earle bodie for bodie. Chronicles (3 of 6): Historie of England (1 of 9) Henrie IV
- After Kent's first bite of crisp crusted, light, opened crumbed baguette he said, "You bought this. Meet Norton
- If properly framed, some of those positions could be sold to Kentucky voters at least; others need to be "reframed" into oblivion. Rand Paul: No Babe in the Woods
- Maybe it's the Audi posters advertising sponsorship of the meeting, or the lines of policemen protecting Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets.
- Dudley Turner Westerham, Kent• Sorry, but I don't want to have post-Christmas breakfast looking at the page-four photograph of the Beaufort hunt and then turn to the centrefold to find yet another "traditional" hunting scene. Letters: Morris dancing beats hunting for Boxing Day fun
- North Kent's record in tackling bed-blocking in hospitals is among the best in the country.