[ US /ˈkɛnəɫi/ ]
- United States electrical engineer noted for his work on the theory of alternating currents; independently of Oliver Heaviside he discovered the existence of an atmospheric layer that reflects radio waves back to earth (1861-1939)
How To Use Kennelly In A Sentence
- However, Kennelly says those who want to just flirt with the trend can get the look without having to splash much cash.
- POLITICAL RULES OF THE ROAD," former members of Congress (Bill Frenzel, Lou Frey, Barbara Kennelly and Romano Mazzoli) discuss what worked and what didn't during their years of public service. 7 p.m., D.C. community calendar, Oct. 21 to 28, 2010
- •Barbara Kennelly:President of the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, which is running radio commercials urging lawmakers to "keep your hands off our Social Security. Who's who in the fight to reduce the deficit
- However, Ciaran Kennelly, senior handicapper of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, suggested a more international structure.
- Twelve years later, Kennelly joined the Turf Club as handicapper for flat racing; 12 years after that, he got the call from Hong Kong.
- Hudson County was doing its best, Kennelly told me, to accommodate a recent request by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to house these detainees. Glyn Vincent: The Right to Be Heard
- Kennelly emphatically denied the claim made by some detainees in the Times article that the leaders of the hunger strike had been put into isolation or transferred to other, more distant detention centers. Glyn Vincent: The Right to Be Heard
- Kennelly refused to call off the raids, and he was lofty about it, which was compounding his error.
- Having just come back from a long trip to Ireland, I can assure you that Brendan Kennelly is an extremely popular, remarkable poet. brendan kennelly | her laugh « poetry dispatch & other notes from the underground
- Brendan Kennelly is “one of Ireland’s most distinguished and best beloved poets as well as a renowned professor and cultural commentator.” brendan kennelly | her laugh « poetry dispatch & other notes from the underground