[ US /ˈkin/ ]
- English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833)
How To Use Kean In A Sentence
- But to Mr. Robin there is no actually existing Burkeanism anywhere, making those who cite the ideal of a reasonable, pragmatic, nonreactionary conservatism guilty of the kind of utopianism the left is more commonly faulted for. NYT > Home Page
- Damp casein is very like damp cheese and its elastic behaviour is anything but Hookean.
- Otherwise this unknowable is not only compatible with knowledge but is the efficacity of knowledge, perhaps of all possible knowledge, assuming the world is like this (as opposed to the Blakean world). Chaosmic Orders: Nonclassical Physics, Allegory, and the Epistemology of Blake's Minute Particulars.
- Michael Ontkean performs the funniest "striptease" bit in the history of film, and the endearingly sociopathic “Hansen Brothers” have to be seen to be believed. Hullabaloo
- McKean and other professional word gatherers join enthusiastic amateurs in Wallraff's new book Word Fugitives, which reassures us that taking language seriously needn't always mean being serious about language. Sniglets and Slithy Toves
- Unless Celtic are given special dispensation to register the midfielder for the New Year's Day game against Hearts at Tynecastle, Keane will not be eligible until the Scottish Cup tie away to Clyde the following weekend.
- Keane's mastery of the holding role in midfield gave the Reds the chance to go out and attack Olympiakos, contradicting the notion that they will have to bore in order to succeed.
- The McKeans must have been prescient about the future of conservation techniques, for they picked up everything that looked like Tiffany, from column capitals to mosaic tesserae.
- He drew the tiny, hand-forged skean dhu, the little -black knife, " from its silk and leather sheath at his belt. The Chrome Borne
- The Irishman sitting between Scottie Brown and Kevin Thomson would positively hothouse the development of these two superb prospects, and Keane will have that effect on Celtic's youngsters.