- (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions
- purging the body by the use of a cathartic to stimulate evacuation of the bowels
How To Use katharsis In A Sentence
- Just write something katharsis keeping going kent kew landlady problems Going like a bush fire...
- They both contain what the Greek called katharsis in their tragedies, -- that cleansing atmosphere which purges us of every baser feeling as we read them. Lazarus
- The crisis for Mesmer also has this function of katharsis and exclusion, involving "an effort of the living body to throw off an illness" and marking 'The Abyss of the Past': Psychoanalysis in Schelling's Ages of the World (1815)
- Just back from picking some meat from the cherry-tree, this was a real katharsis. Catachresis and the amusing, awful and artificial cathedral