- sorghums of China and Manchuria having small white or brown grains (used for food) and dry pithy stalks (used for fodder, fuel and thatching)
How To Use kaoliang In A Sentence
- This was supplemented with kaoliang and similar grains.
- The kaoliang, or sorghum, winemaker plans to expand market share in China, BusinessWeek.com --
- Cross-pollination with a wild Chinese sorghum seems the most likely reason why the sorghum now found in China (the kaoliang group) has its own distinctive character. 7. Sorghum
- A liquid fermented product, such as a Taiwan kaoliang wine or a rice wine, is contained in the aging tank.
- Either that or they started on the kaoliang a week early. Taipei Times
- And when all that muddy water covered our fields, we had nothing to eat, except dried kaoliang cakes. The Kitchen God's wife
- •Be careful if drinking kaoliang, a potent sorghum liquor. ASIAN BUSINESS CUSTOMS & MANNERS
- As in the West, alcohol in Taiwanese culture is a social lubricant, the imbibing of which is seen by many as a measure of fortitude and spunk -- particularly if drinkers knock down a shot of hard liquor like kaoliang in one gulp. Archive 2006-06-01
- Recombinant inbred lines were generated from a cross between SRN39, an African caudatum genotype, and SQR, a Chinese kaoliang line.
- Provided persuaded to drink per pot without kaoliang, not silk Cricket reminder machine.