[ US /ˈkɑbʊɫ/ ]
- the capital and largest city of Afghanistan; located in eastern Afghanistan
How To Use Kabul In A Sentence
- Konduz lies at the heart of the north-south axis of the country connecting the capital Kabul to the former republic of Tajikistan - a significant route for trade.
- Worse, the insurgents appear to be operating closer to Kabul.
- Afghanistan in March 2003, 'af' was established as Afghanistan's domain name; Internet access is growing through Internet cafes as well as public "telekiosks" in Kabul (2002) The 2007 CIA World Factbook
- Zuhra Bahman, a consultant from Kabul, said that urging Taliban fighters to give up arms and join the government will not amount to the democratization of Afghanistan. Experts: Mideast Turmoil Underscores Need for Afghan Political Reform
- Sevan, who was in Kabul when Najibullah bolted, spent the week frantically trying to coax the new leaders to stick with the peace plan. The End Of A Superpower Proxy War
- That includes a recent visit to Kabul by representatives of the most "buyable" Taliban leader, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar. LJWorld.com stories: News
- KABUL -- A new report that shows civilian casualties have soared in Afghanistan largely because of increased insurgent violence was thrown into relief Tuesday when a pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up and killed two other Afghans outside a foreign guesthouse in central Kabul. U.N. report links spike in Afghan civilian casualties to insurgent attacks
- The situation in Kabul was extremely confusing in the immediate aftermath of Najibullah's removal.
- The fear is of a repetition of the 1992 events when groups which now make up the Northern Alliance captured Kabul from Afghanistan's last pro-Moscow government but then wrecked it with internecine warfare.
- Associated Press Writers = KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - The Taliban vowed Sunday to attack polling places in Sept. 18 parliamentary elections, warning Afghans not to participate in what it called a sham vote. The Guardian World News