[ US /ˈdʒudeɪˌɪzəm, ˈdʒudiˌɪzəm/ ]
- Jews collectively who practice a religion based on the Torah and the Talmud
- the monotheistic religion of the Jews having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Torah and in the Talmud
How To Use Judaism In A Sentence
- While contemplating the possibility that the Baraita is a Karaite forgery intended to attack rabbinic Judaism, Horowitz finally opted for a rabbinic origin, and concluded that it was composed around the fourth century, in Palestine. Baraita de-Niddah.
- It is Faur's contention that the Kabbalist rabbis, seen through the filter of the vertical model, transform the Talmudic tradition -- based on a pluralistic dialogue and formal legal strictures -- into an occult hermeticism creating a Judaism that is sealed off from critical reading and rational science. David Shasha: Two Models of Jewish Tradition: Vertical-Hierarchical and Horizontal Pluralist
- I’ve also read mesopotamian myths that have survived including the Avesta from the Zoroastrians which serves as a foundation of Judaism combined of course with the cult of Amun (the egyptian cult of the one god). Think Progress » As New Orleans Drowned, Chertoff Was Focused On Avian Flu and Immigration
- Over a sixty-year career as a writer, actor, coproducer, and activist, Fay Kanin was awarded several Emmys and Peabodys, the ACLU Bill of Rights Award, the Crystal Award from Women in Film, the Burning Bush Award from the University of Judaism, and nominations for Oscar and Tony awards. Fay Kanin.
- The couple have become devotees of the mystical sect of Judaism - Kabbalah.
- The school is based on the ideals of Torah U'madda , a tenant of modern Orthodox Judaism that recognizes the values of both religious and secular knowledge. Essay Sparks Campus Uproar
- ‘In Judaism, we believe the messiah has not come yet,’ he says.
- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam each has a special claim on Abraham
- I see you providing no evidence that the wisdom language ascribed to Jesus is "the one and only top-ladder creation language idiomatical biblical language which is uniquely associated with Godhead in the history of Judaism. HANDS Across the Godhead?
- Could not Paul have experienced, particularly in the diaspora, a Judaism so set upon maintaining its boundary markers, and so proud of them, that the markers became ends in themselves?