How To Use johnny cake In A Sentence
- Served with cooked grits and johnny cake (a type of bread), they are a popular breakfast food.
- The Seamen's Bethel is a chapel in New Bedford, Massachusetts, located at 15 Johnny Cake Hill.
- These early American corn breads, including the hoe cakes and johnny cake which attracted praise from Benjamin Franklin were griddle or hearth baked.
- In the morning a buckeye backlog, a hickory forestick, resting on stones, with a johnny cake on a clean ash board, set before the fire to bake; a frying pan with its long handle resting on a splint-bottom chair, and a teakettle swung from a log pole, with myself setting the table, or turning the meat. A Brief History of the United States
- Cornmeal and water or milk, cooked on a griddle, was called ‘johnny cake.’