- English prelate and theologian who (with John Keble and Edward Pusey) founded the Oxford movement; Newman later turned to Roman Catholicism and became a cardinal (1801-1890)
How To Use John Henry Newman In A Sentence
- Fr Paul Chavasse, provost superior of the Birmingham Oratory and postulator of the cause of Cardinal John Henry Newman, often talks about modern man having a fear of death. Catholicmomof10militant
- Following the lecture His Eminence will Pontificate at a Solemn Mass according to the Missal of Paul VI in intercession for the beatification of John Henry Newman at the Oxford Oratory at 6.00 pm. George Cardinal Pell to Visit Oxford, Sung Vespers at Merton, Mass at the Oxford Oratory
- John Henry Newman was a well known English educator on higher education.
- P ope Benedict XVI today recognised the healing of Deacon Jack Sullivan in 2001 as a miracle resulting from the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God John Henry Newman. Newman’s Beatification Approved by Pope Benedict XVI