How To Use Jiddah In A Sentence
- The defendants were among 433 foreigners, including some 240 women, arrested by the kingdom's religious police for attending the party in Jiddah, the state-guided newspaper Okaz said. Archive 2007-02-01
- Unless we slow down I am afraid you will see nothing of Jiddah, which is the port of Mecca, and our nearest point to it," said the commander. Asiatic Breezes Students on The Wing
- In 1979, he settled in Saudi Arabia, where he was fixed up with a splendid seaside villa in the Red Sea port of Jiddah.
- Only from October to March is it possible, thanks to gentler southerlies, to sail northwards and then only as far as Jiddah, on the Arabian coast.
- Most part of their provisions are brought from Cairo in Egypt, by the Red Sea, or _Mare Erythreum_ of the ancients, and is landed at the port of _Gida_, Joddah or Jiddah, which is about forty miles from Mecca. A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels — Volume 07
- Islamic militants threw explosives at the gate of the heavily guarded U.S. consulate in Jiddah, then forced their way into the building, prompting a gunbattle in a bold assault that left seven people dead and several injured before the three-hour long crisis was brought under control. 12/06/2004
- A video posted on YouTube appeared to show several hundred protesters gathering in Riyadh, outside the capital's al-Rajhi mosque, and activists said a demonstration also took place in the coastal city of Jiddah. Protesters killed in Libya, Yemen as wave of Arab unrest continues
- That story places Eve, Hawwa in Arabic, in the vicinity of Jiddah, which is the entry point for Muslim pilgrims to Mecca. Archive 2008-09-01