[ US /ˈdʒæm/ ]
[ UK /dʒˈæm/ ]
[ UK /dʒˈæm/ ]
- upright consisting of a vertical side member of a door or window frame
How To Use jamb In A Sentence
- In Yemen, for example, rhino horn is carved into handles used in daggers called jambiyas.
- Siku chache kabla, Zelaya alimuondoa madarakani mkuu wa majeshi, Jenerali Romeo Vasquez Velasquez, jambo ambalo lilifuatiwa na … [...] 29 June 2009, 14: 44 pm elizabeth Global Voices in English » Honduras: Political Crisis Over Controversial Referendum
- What do you bring to the jamboree,darling,huh? Aside from those baby blues and a knife?
- Schiff's forms depend (like Marianne Moore's) on interlocking enjambments, on syllabics, and on baroque grammar, or else (unlike Moore's) on dense repetitions derived from Provençal forms.
- Well - they are out there somewhere, as they have always been, and the competitive route exampled by the well-established Donatella Flick jamboree may be one way of finding them.
- Sometimes, the slightest leaning of a doorjamb can cause a door to swing open or shut on its own.
- For a change of pace, a jambon et fromage crepe is a good choice. USATODAY.com - Marketers peddles wares at each Tour stop
- It wasn't until the early 19th century that Creoles in New Orleans began using tomatoes in gumbos and jambalayas.
- Malgre tout, apres avoir raccroché je tremblais de partout, j'avais pu de jambes et mes yeux se sont mis a piker et la fatigue s'est alors abattu sur moi! pinku-tk Diary Entry
- The island is home to troops of long-tailed macaques that live on the mangosteens, rambutans, jambus, mata kucings, and other fruits thriving among the groves of palm and dense thickets of casuarina and barrington trees.