[ US /ˈɪmˌpɔɹt, ˌɪmˈpɔɹt/ ]
- transfer (electronic data) into a database or document
indicate or signify
I'm afraid this spells trouble!
- bring in from abroad
a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred
the significance of his remark became clear only later
the expectation was spread both by word and by implication
having important effects or influence
that result is of no consequence
virtue is of more moment than security
decisions of great consequence are made by the president himself
- commodities (goods or services) bought from a foreign country
an imported person brought from a foreign country
the lead role was played by an import from Sweden
they are descendants of indentured importees
the message that is intended or expressed or signified
the signification of Chinese characters
the import of his announcement was ambiguous
what is the meaning of this sentence
the significance of a red traffic light
How To Use import In A Sentence
- Chlorophyll is only one of several pigments found in plants, but it is by far the most important.
- An AFTRA statement confirmed the issues' importance, calling the 1% increase the union's "primary objective" in the bargaining. Jonathan Handel: AFTRA, Networks Reach New Three Year Deal
- Conclusion TSGF test in patients with carcinosis play a very important pole in early diagnosis and the evaluation of therapy effect.
- Practical measures such as quality control and testing are very important in the manufacturing process.
- Along with petroleum, the most important new source of energy was electricity.
- They are important for the majority of metabolic processes and for the building of body structure. The Medicine Chest - your family's guide to prescription drugs
- Thanks to her doctor’s recommendations she finds herself feeling decafargic by noon. cardiacpopups – the messages that popup on your computer when you are in the middle of an important project and warn you that your computer is about to conk out. on 07 Sep 2007 at 5: 52 pm Kimberly defurrify – to remove pet hair/dander from a person or thing on 07 Sep 2007 at 6: 12 pm Heather Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » Writer Unboxed’s CONTEST, CONTEST!
- The politically astute know all about the importance of reputation management. Times, Sunday Times
- The importance of a good one can be gauged by the fact that there are now many people who prepare CVs for other people as a business. Say Goodbye to Debt
- No doubt all this is relatively important in its way, but I can't bring myself to get very interested in it.