[ US /ˈɪɡnɝənt/ ]
[ UK /ˈɪɡnəɹənt/ ]
[ UK /ˈɪɡnəɹənt/ ]
uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field
she is ignorant of quantum mechanics
he is musically illiterate
unaware because of a lack of relevant information or knowledge
he was completely ignorant of the circumstances
his rudeness was unwitting
an unknowledgeable assistant
uneducated in general; lacking knowledge or sophistication
an ignorant man
an unlearned group incapable of understanding complex issues
exhibiting contempt for his unlettered companions
nescient of contemporary literature
How To Use ignorant In A Sentence
- What I've generally de-duced is that men in their twenties are ignorant of the relevance of most feminist issues and think feminists are in varying degrees: full of hot air, lesbians, killjoys. Feminist blogs in english » 2008 » July
- Here's John Adams on Thomas Paine's famous 1776 pamphlet "Common Sense": "What a poor, ignorant, malicious, short-sighted, crapulous mass. William Hogeland: How John Adams and Thomas Paine Clashed Over Economic Equality
- There were some stunningly ignorant comments on the wero, asking why important visitors to New Zealand were greeted by "a Maori New Zealander jumping around half naked".
- In the beginning, I had visions of a fabulous, sweeping, Perspex spiral staircase, ignorant of the fact that this would cost about £35,000.
- _Educated rascality is infinitely more of a menace to society than ignorant rascality_. Pushing to the Front
- I've come to the conclusion that democracy must fail because the demos is either too ignorant or unintelligent for it to work. Leviathan Montgomery, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty
- He may be anÂignorantÂor thoughtless person, but I no more think he is a homophobe for using the word "faggot" than I believe any of you areÂhomophobesÂfor using the word "sissy. Scott Mendelson: Thoughts On The Brett Ratner Mess: When Explicit Slurs Become Part Of Everyday Language And How To Deal With Their Casual And Out-of-Context Use
- That these reports were generated would only be a surprise to anyone who was pig-ignorant of the requirements of 8-K disclosures. Congressional inquiry confirms: Waxman is an idiot*. | RedState
- To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.
- His efforts to portray himself as unsophisticated and ignorant of legal matters were not consistent with the record.