any period of time during which glaciers covered a large part of the earth's surface
the most recent ice age was during the Pleistocene
How To Use ice age In A Sentence
- The rise of sea levels with the release of glacial waters at the end of the last ice age flooded the plain between what is now the UK and Europe.
- These Mesolithic cultures (Mesolithic, meaning Middle Stone Age, describes postIce Age European hunter-gatherers) achieved some degree of social complexity in Scandinavia, where richly decorated individuals were buried in cemeteries by 5500 B.C.E. These same cultures were the indigenous societies of Europe, farmers who first spread north and west across central Europe from the Balkans after 4500 B.C.E. 1 3. Mesolithic Hunter-Gatherers in Europe
- This is where they have issued what they call a partial activation, not the full crew but about a dozen or so agencies, from fire to some of the other emergency police agencies in the region, in the state. CNN Transcript Jan 19, 2005
- The vote - 110 to 46 in the House and 31 to 8 in the Senate - came as mayors, town managers, social service agencies, and local activists across Massachusetts began to digest the massive cuts the budget proposal calls for, including up to a 15 percent cut in noneducation local aid for municipalities. CapeCodToday Blog Chowder
- Saber-toothed cats, mastodons, giant sloths, woolly rhinos, and many other big, shaggy mammals are widely thought to have died out around the end of the last ice age, some 10,500 years ago.
- The biggest post-election challenge is rebuilding the social justice agenda and its support base while reassessing political alignments.
- John Leguizamon ‘Ice Age’, the first one, was enormously helpful in conveying enthusiasm and excitement about the movie and he was someone who the press liked. /Film Visits Illumination Entertainment and the Editing Room of Despicable Me | /Film
- He, for instance, is both a criminal boss and a carefully planted police agent.
- No doubt it was a woman who put the first ruched curtain up in an Ice Age cave. SOMEWHERE EAST OF LIFE
- The national police agency declared war on the Yamaguchi-gumi in September in an attempt to rein it in before the release of its leader, Kenichi Shinoda, from prison next spring. Yakuza chief arrested in Japan