[ US /ˈaɪbɛks/ ]
[ UK /ˈaɪbɛks/ ]
[ UK /ˈaɪbɛks/ ]
- wild goat of mountain areas of Eurasia and northern Africa having large recurved horns
How To Use ibex In A Sentence
- Buccinum vibex, buccinum trivittatum and obsoletum are associated with the preceding species. Report of the North-Carolina Geological Survey. Agriculture of the Eastern Counties: Together with Descriptions of the Fossils of the Marl Beds
- Using moves that would make any rock climber jealous, Alpine ibex cling to a near-vertical rock face of a northern Italian dam in summer 2010.
- I like this coat of arms that has a half an ibex on it.
- At the top is an Ovis Amman, then two markhoors (wild goats), an ibex, and two Tibetan antelope.
- The ibex is a distant relative of the mountain goat.
- It is not the only species of ibex neither," continued he, "for there is one found in the European Alps, known by the name of ` steinboc; 'another, in the Pyrenees, called the ` tur;' a third, in the Caucasus, the ` zac; 'and one or two others in the mountains of Africa. The Cliff Climbers A Sequel to "The Plant Hunters"
- EncryptedPrivateDirectory – Community Ubuntu Documentation Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex brings an interesting new security feature to both desktop and server users: the Encrypted ~/Private Directory. tags: ubuntu security linux encryption WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s to look forward to in Ubuntu 8.10? Planet-x.com.au » links for 2008-11-02
- Nature lovers take note, the area is home to the grey wolf, Blandford's fox, the sand cat and the ibex, as well as 110 recorded species of birds.
- Low, rugged mountains criss-cross the desert and are home to argali sheep and Siberian ibex.
- The park is the refuge of extremely rare species such as the Walia ibex, Simien wolf and the gelada baboon. Simen National Park, Ethiopia