- Rhodesian statesman who declared independence of Zimbabwe from Great Britain (born in 1919)
How To Use Ian Smith In A Sentence
- In the report compiled by the players' union, the attack coach Brian Smith is described as "indecisive, out of his depth, difficult to talk to and simply not good enough" and accused of looking to the Romania team for inspiration. Lewis Moody and England coaches heavily criticised in leaked report
- Langley was cut down three metres short by Emelio but the Kiwi held him down in the tackle and was dispatched to the sin bin by referee Ian Smith.
- A blocked handball right on the edge of the box by an East Belfast player was followed by a blatant trip as Ian Smith threatened to burst past the penalty spot.
- There were cornstalk Smiths, Victorian Smiths, and Smiths who eat the crow; there were Maori Smiths, Tasmanian Smiths, and parched up-Smiths from Cairns.
- Under cover of verligte pronouncements, P.W. Botha is faithfully following in the footsteps of Portugal's Caetano and Rhodesia's Ian Smith. FORWARD TO A PEOPLE'S GOVERNMENT!