[ UK /haʊˈɛvɐ/ ]
[ US /ˌhaʊˈɛvɝ/ ]
[ US /ˌhaʊˈɛvɝ/ ]
in whatever way or manner
however he did it, it was very clever
Victory, however it was brought about, was sweet
by contrast; on the other hand
the first part was easy; the second, however, took hours
to whatever degree or extent
they have begun, however reluctantly, to acknowledge the legitimacy of some of the opposition's concerns
The results, however general, are important
despite anything to the contrary (usually preceding a concession)
he was a stern yet fair master
although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it
granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go
while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed
How To Use however In A Sentence
- However, we still rely entirely on the generosity of the public for funding.
- However, by that time I was so hooked by the story that I let it pass.
- Here, however, they are unlikely to survive the frosts although both impatiens and pelagoniums can be kept for next year in a heated greenhouse or brought indoors and used as house plants.
- However, added the mayor, city hall will naturally respect the court's order, whatever it may be.
- Mostly, however, she seems to be held in some kind of incommunicado status until they need a sound bite, and then they throw the power switch, download the text and out she spits it, with all the emotion of an automaton. Condi a Waste of Time
- I can, however tell you that AB is absolutely freaking awesome!! What I've been doing this morning...
- The timing of the minister's visit, however, could somewhat detract from the goodwill it's supposed to generate.
- However, O'Kane's favourite pastime is hillwalking in the Wicklow hills.
- However, your best bet is to look for a personal fitness trainer that is trained and certified in post-rehabilitation, a manual physical therapist, or an osteopath .
- In other respects, however, the implementation of the peace plan was proceeding well, according to the report.