[ US /ˈɡɹin/ ]
[ UK /ɡɹˈiːn/ ]
[ UK /ɡɹˈiːn/ ]
an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course
the ball rolled across the green and into the bunker
- green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
they went for a walk in the park
- any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables
- street names for ketamine
naive and easily deceived or tricked
at that early age she had been gullible and in love
- concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party
of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass
a green tree
looking pale and unhealthy
green around the gills
you're looking green
not fully developed or mature; not ripe
fried green tomatoes
turn or become green
The trees are greening
How To Use green In A Sentence
- Combine the corn with steamed green vegetables like asparagus and offer baked potatoes to ensure the children don't go hungry.
- Each of us was served a little mound of risotto, on which I ground pepper and sprinkled Parmesan, with a side of green salad.
- The beak is smoth, black, convex and cultrated; one and 1/8 inches from the point to the opening of the chaps and 3/4 only uncovered with feathers; the upper chap exceeds the other a little in length. a few small black hairs garnish the sides of the base of the upper chap. the eye is of a uniform deep sea green or black, moderately large. it's legs feet and tallons are white; the legs are an inch and a 1/4 in length and smoth; four toes on each foot, of which that in front is the same length with the leg including the length of the tallon, which is 4 lines; the three remaining toes are The Journals of Lewis and Clark, 1804-1806
- When things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. It's because a little piece gets lost - the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. The whole shape has changed. John Green
- Add a little freshly sliced green chilli or a hint of chilli powder if you wish. Times, Sunday Times
- Here, however, they are unlikely to survive the frosts although both impatiens and pelagoniums can be kept for next year in a heated greenhouse or brought indoors and used as house plants.
- It was nice to play a Wii game that wasn't full of bright greens and blues like another title featuring Mario. Epinions Recent Content for Home
- The side dish the day I visited was a simple mixed olive salad, a mélange of black and green olives with spicy oil.
- So there must be a red quark, a blue quark and a green quark.
- Unless a guide is along for the ride, it's all too easy to overshoot the reef and find yourself in green water, 200 feet above the nearest marine life.