make a gift of
She gave away her antique furniture
- formally hand over to the bridegroom in marriage; of a bride by her father
make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
unwrap the evidence in the murder case
he broke the news to her
The newspaper uncovered the President's illegal dealings
bring out the truth
The actress won't reveal how old she is
The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold
give away information about somebody
He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam
How To Use give away In A Sentence
- Just because the American people are disgusted with higher taxes, bigger government, left wing liberal give away policies and pacifist foreign policy attitudes, this idiot thinks the Tea Party activist is in someway trying to bring the country down. Clinton warns against violent anti-government attitude
- The colors of the candles lit each night and Swahili terminology are included, along with Tokunbo's favorite karamu (feast) recipe for brownies to give away with a surprise for each recipient. Spokesman.com: Latest stories
- The trust gets together every year to organise commemorative ceremonies and to give away an award in the name of the actor.
- Not to give away spoilers but it was the Finn who took double gold in Calgary. The Sun
- I still think your reviews give away too many plot points and tend toward over praise, but I still enjoy them.
- They decided to give away a portion of their income while still students. Times, Sunday Times
- I don't want to give away exactly how the system works.
- Why do we borrow money to give away in aid? The Sun
- Follow the instructions given above, but the plant will grow so every third time you strain off the liquid, give away or throw away half the plant.
- But now, some House Republicans have gone so far as try to literally give away tens of millions of acres to oil and gas drilling, coal and hardrock mining, and reckless timber harvests. Bill Meadows: The Sneak Attack on America's Lands