[ US /ˈɡɝɫ/ ]
[ UK /ɡˈɜːl/ ]
[ UK /ɡˈɜːl/ ]
a female human offspring
her daughter cared for her in her old age
a friendly informal reference to a grown woman
Mrs. Smith was just one of the girls
a young female
a young lady of 18
a youthful female person
the girls were just learning to ride a tricycle
the baby was a girl
a girl or young woman with whom a man is romantically involved
his girlfriend kicked him out
How To Use girl In A Sentence
- During adolescence , boys and girls will take on secondary sexual characteristics.
- I learned how to negotiate fights between adolescent girls without making it seem like parental interference.
- Once upon a time there were three beautiful girls who went to a writing college, and they were each assigned very hazardous duties.
- My girlfriend wants me to go to the basketball court.
- She was a slim blonde girl in her twenties who might have stepped out of a fashion advertisement in a women's magazine.
- Running parallel to this tempestuous relationship is the whirlwind romance between weathergirl Hero, played by Billie Piper, and sports presenter Claude.
- He walked out and claims he then saw his 26-year-old girlfriend being manhandled.
- So the girl was out of bondage, but Cadwaladr, sick with humiliation and rage, must come under guard to be handed over for a price to the brother who discarded and misprized him. His Disposition
- Hats were popular in the eighties though mostly on girls, so wearing my fedora was a given. The Devil’s in the Diva
- FEARS were growing for a missing schoolgirl after police found her phone dumped in a park. The Sun