[ US /ˈɡɑbə/ ]
- an amino acid that is found in the central nervous system; acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter
How To Use GABA In A Sentence
- Valerian also inhibits the enzyme-induced breakdown of GABA in the brain, with concomitant sedation.
- Strong painkillers, such as gabapentin and pregabalin, might ease the pain better. The Sun
- Megachiroptera has only one family, Pteropodidae, and megabat species are either frugivorous or nectarivorous, lacking laryngeal echolocation and relying on olfaction or vision to search food.
- I’m planning to post various entries on bats at some stage (including on New Zealand’s mystacinids, recently discovered European bats, and on megabat evolution), but haven’t gotten round to it yet. Archive 2006-06-01
- When the benzodiazepine receptor is stimulated, the sensitivity of the GABA receptor complex for GABA is increased and prolonged. Flumanazil
- XenoPort said the companies are discussing the next steps in development of the drug, which is formally called gabapentin enacarbil. R&D Mag - News
- The existence of a rhinolophoid-megabat clade has also been supported by other research teams (e.g., We flightless primates
- Among them are baclofen, a common muscle relaxant that enhances GABA, and N-acetylcysteine, used to treat Tylenol overdoses, which inhibits glutamate. New Hope For Addicts?
- Look for all-season fabrics like wool gabardine, cotton blends or rayon crepe.
- My advice: tell him your panocha is going to get manicured by the next hot Mexican gardener you meet, and he'll shape up pronto, because the only thing that'll motivate an hombre to do what a woman wants is the prospect of losing his gabacho to another wab. Gustavo Arellano: ¡ASK A MEXICAN!: Chivas and AIDS Tests