[ US /ˈfɹɛnd/ ]
[ UK /fɹˈɛnd/ ]
[ UK /fɹˈɛnd/ ]
- a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)
How To Use Friend In A Sentence
- The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St. The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Iran Election Live-Blogging (Saturday June 20 Part II)
- The friend had also overheard the man say he had disposed of the handgun used in the crime, according to the in - formant. Just A 'Random' Crime
- Another friend notes a shift in the type of gifts given at wedding showers, a reversion to 1950s-style offerings: soup ladles and frilly aprons are being unwrapped along with see-through nighties and push-up bras.
- I blame it all on becca who called me in the middle of the night to talk to me all about how the two best friends names are Kate and Becca and that the main character lives in apartment 601 as my address and other kooky details that i have been trying to forget nightly since i saw that movie, And then every sound is that kid coming out of the television and im only writing about it now in order to expunge as i fear she will grab hold of my foot from under the desk and eat me or turn me into something decomposing or whatever it is she does. I-claudius Diary Entry
- My girlfriend wants me to go to the basketball court.
- Her boyfriend was watching in the audience as well which made it even naughtier. The Sun
- Any calls from the press or from friends were being taken on other lines by one of Andrew McClintock's secretaries. THE AMBASSADOR'S WOMEN
- If the children's parents don't choose to be adults, then the OP's friend is going to have to be an adult.
- Ideas for friends to run a restaurant seem like wishful thinking but they may just work. The Sun
- He walked out and claims he then saw his 26-year-old girlfriend being manhandled.