[ US /ˈfɔɹwɝd/ ]
[ UK /fˈɔːwəd/ ]
[ UK /fˈɔːwəd/ ]
toward the future; forward in time
I like to look ahead in imagination to what the future may bring
I look forward to seeing you
at or to or toward the front
she practiced sewing backward as well as frontward on her new sewing machine
he faced forward
in a forward direction
the boat lurched ahead
the train moved ahead slowly
moved onward into the forest
they went slowly forward in the mud
forward in time or order or degree
from that time forth
from the sixth century onward
near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane
the captain went fore (or forward) to check the instruments
- the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
- a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team
- moving forward
of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle
in a forward gear
used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty
a forward child badly in need of discipline
at or near or directed toward the front
the forward section of the aircraft
a forward plunge down the stairs
send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit
forward my mail
How To Use forward In A Sentence
- When the King heard this, he bade his son be slain; but on the next day the second Wazir came forward for intercession and kissed ground in prostration. The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- In the forecabins, the head and shower is located forward and has a large mirrored vanity with ample storage below.
- I looking forward to seeing Mark as we've been apart for a few days.
- Halpern kept his arms crossed and eyes forward, while Ren was grinning and tucking a few stray hairs up under a mesh caul.
- Lift your feet a few inches off the floor and slowly rock backwards and forwards. Healthy By Nature
- But I needed to know who it was so I pulled out a comb and brushed my hair forward a little and put it to the side.
- With a little coo of happiness he began to toddle forwards into the darkness, still clutching his bottle. MY BABYSITTER BITES BACK
- I'm looking forward to the Gehry building, though, even though it's been watered down a bit from its original design.
- They sneak forward to climb up the small gap between the lorry 's cab and trailer. The Sun
- I'll forward any mail to your new address.