[ US /ˈfiˌmeɪɫ/ ]
[ UK /fˈiːmeɪl/ ]
[ UK /fˈiːmeɪl/ ]
- an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- a person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop
a female heir
female holly trees bear the berries
for or pertaining to or composed of women or girls
the female lead in the play
a female chorus
characteristic of or peculiar to a woman
How To Use female In A Sentence
- Interior spaces may also be gendered: the author explores both the activities particular to women, such as needlework or lace-making, and the objects related to female and maternal domesticity.
- So if the squid is associated with females and vaginae, and Doctor Manhattan is associated with penises, Watchmen Ending Changed? | /Film
- The female covers the eggs
- Results of this study show that females' greatest reported motivation for going to discos is to meet new people rather than to pursue sexual opportunities or to flirt.
- It is easy to tell when a female is ready to mate.
- But on the gender front, the sex ratio among children up to age 6 dropped to 914 girls for each 1,000 boys from 927 a decade ago, showing that female foeticide continues to be a widespread practice because of a traditional preference in some communities for boys. India Passes 1.2 Billion Mark
- NIAGARA FALLS -- A Niagara Falls English teacher has agreed to resign and surrender his teaching certification as part of a plea bargain to charges that he had an improper relationship with a 16-year-old female student. The Buffalo News: Home
- The scientists cannot say if the "hominin" was male or female, but adopted the name tag "X-woman" because the discovery was based on maternally inherited DNA. The Earth Times Online Newspaper
- For example, male orangs are typically much larger than females and have longer canine teeth.
- I think that while full-on female displays will evoke an easy and instinctual hormone rush -- which, as I said, might be a good complement to a melee brawl -- most intelligent people will agree that some sort of subtlety in sexuality is appealing on more levels simultaneously. Archive 2008-02-01