- an agency in the Department of Transportation that is responsible for the safety of civilian aviation
How To Use FAA In A Sentence
- The aircraft have to meet the strict specifications laid down by the FAA.
- ** Ariftotle, "fays Lord Bacon, * 'thought, like the Ottoman princes, cfaat fee cottid not reign fecure, unleis he. deilroyed all his brethren; *' nor was his Hterary ambition more exclufive than exorbitant* The Monthly Review
- According to Arfaan Khan, a British Pakistani linguist, a number of Hindi words such as chuddies are currently being imported from the Indian subcontinent.
- Peggy tells her that what she has done goes against the EE stricture of "it's all abaht faaaahmlee". Gem Watch - Eastenders
- But FAA regulations require that if a mandatory inspection or other so-called airworthiness directive is skipped, the aircraft must be pulled out of service immediately until the work is done. Southwest Could Pay Record Fine to FAA
- On November 5th the Department of Transportation which oversees faa told the Office of Special Counsel the computer system had been put to use. CNN Transcript Nov 27, 2009
- Angolan Armed Forces (FAA) General Joo Manuel lask week said that the 14 people on board that plane were alive and held hostage by UNITA forces. ANC Daily News Briefing
- ADAMS: I've been vindicated at least on the safety concerns, and would I like to see some accountability on the part of the faa. CNN Transcript Nov 27, 2009
- _ I muft here, however, repeat, that no one is more entirelv fi - tisiied than myfelf of the great abihties, perfevcrance, an J i,;. trepidity, with which the officers who were fent on this deai. n tion, attempted to profecute their difcoveries; but I conceive from tlie arguments and faaawJiich will follow, that tluy wa 'ftoppcd. Miscellanies [microform]
- You'll need to fill out an FAA airman's form, which is completed by the safety inspector and then sent to Oklahoma City for record keeping.