[ UK /fˈɑː/ ]
- the syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization
How To Use fa In A Sentence
- What we do not know are the precise weighting of factors that go into why prices increase at any particular time.
- It would almost be better to have no backbench bills at all than the current system, which offers a false glimmer of hope. Times, Sunday Times
- My aunt is very old-fashioned.
- You think Spielberg would only have a rattletrap third-rate spaceship like the Millennium Falcon to ensure his survival? Does George Lucas think the world will end in 2012?
- The aircraft descended into a wetland area and had since been forgotten about as it sank below the surface. Times, Sunday Times
- She was all cold and bedraggled after falling into the river.
- Shah went forth with her for a distance of three parasangs; after which he bade farewell to her and the Wazir and those with him, and returned to his home in gladness and safety. The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- Not bad for someone who failed to shine at school and feared he would end up in a coalyard. The Sun
- Their dried dung is found everywhere, and is in many places the only fuel afforded by the plains; their skulls, which last longer than any other part of the animal, are among the most familiar of objects to the plainsman; their bones are in many districts so plentiful that it has become a regular industry, followed by hundreds of men (christened "bone hunters" by the frontiersmen), to go out with wagons and collect them in great numbers for the sake of the phosphates they yield; and Bad Lands, plateaus, and prairies alike, are cut up in all directions by the deep ruts which were formerly buffalo trails. VIII. The Lordly Buffalo
- The Fat Controller and I were back inside the bolt when it arrived from the bonded warehouse at Felixstowe.