- (embryology) a two-walled cuplike depression that develops into the pigmented and sensory layers of the retina
a small vessel with a rim curved to fit the orbit of the eye; use to apply medicated or cleansing solution to the eyeball
an eyecup is called an eyebath in Britain
How To Use eyecup In A Sentence
- This is a long eye relief binocular, and by rolling down the eyecups, eyeglass wearers can truly obtain a full field of view.
- It also has fold-down eyecups for those who wear eyeglasses.
- Adjustable eyecups work just as well for folks with glasses.
- Then there are the little touches that demonstrate the top level of user-friendly engineering: indentations on the body armor that fit the thumbs for a comfortable hold; tight checkering on the center focus knob for a better touch; extremely fine focus for close and far; and rounded eyecup rims that nestle against the eye sockets. Best New Binocular 2009: Kowa Genesis 33 8x33
- They feature fully multi-coated lenses and L-coated prisms, twist-up eyecups and are completely waterproof and have shock-absorbing rubber armor.
- The monocular produced a very bright, clear image, however, and we assume the binocular model of the same power, which does have eyecups, would too.
- Eyeglass wearers will enjoy the extra-long eye relief of these optics with their rubber eyecups.
- The eyecup is even vented so it doesn't suck out your eyeball.
- Do not use an eyecup, eye drops, or ointment unless the poison center instructs you to do so.
- By grafting in another eyecup another lens can be induced to form from the overlying layer.