- geology: cause molten material, such as lava, to pour forth
become active and spew forth lava and rocks
Vesuvius erupts once in a while
- force out or cause to escape from a proper vessel or channel
How To Use extravasate In A Sentence
- Aggressive angiomyxoma has extravasated red blood cells and thick-walled vessels, some of which may be large.
- Scattered areas of lymphocytic exocytosis and extravasated red blood cells within the superficial dermis and epidermis were also present.
- When the interspinous and muscular attachments alone are torn, the effects are confined to the site of these structures, but when the ligamenta flava are involved, blood may be extravasated and infiltrate the space between the dura and the bone and give rise to symptoms of pressure on the cord. Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities—Head—Neck. Sixth Edition.
- poured out" of His body by the various ways in which it was shed, His bloody sweat, the crown of thorns, the scourging, the nails, and after death the spear, just as the blood was entirely poured out and extravasated from the animal sacrifices of the law. Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible
- The infant should be assessed for pallor, petechiae, extravasated blood, excessive bruising, hepatosplenomegaly, weight loss, and evidence of dehydration.
- Dilated vessels and extravasated red cells were noted throughout most lesions.
- I once heard it said of one of them, that the extravasated claret in his phiz might well remind one, as Travels in England in 1782
- It avoids second time injury and helps the wound to heal. Absorbent and breathable: Made of absorbent high-molecule materials, the burn dressing can absorb extravasate immediately.
- The York surgeon said he could not tell whether there was a fracture, until he should take off the scalp; but, at any rate, the operation might be of service in giving vent to any blood that might be extravasated, either above or below the dura mater. The Expedition of Humphry Clinker
- A bruise is blood that has extravasated or migrated outside the blood vessel because of trauma. Simple Skin Beauty