[ UK /ˈɛkstɹæktɐ/ ]
- an apparatus that uses centrifugal force to separate particles from a suspension
- a mechanism in a firearm that pulls an empty shell case out of the chamber and passes it to the ejector
- an instrument for extracting tight-fitting components
How To Use extractor In A Sentence
- The extractors eject the cartridge case and retain the breechblock in the fully open position.
- A touch is all that is needed to lube delicate trigger mechanisms, firing pins, ejectors, extractors and springs.
- Even the building-control officer missed a cloakroom extractor that had no ducting. Times, Sunday Times
- In addition to new breechblocks and hammers, the older extractor was replaced with a newer design.
- Both have a number of integrated appliances including oven, hob, extractor fan, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- The kitchen floors will be tiled, while ceramic hobs, stainless steel extractors, ovens and grills will be provided as standard.
- The kitchens are Shaker style with chrome fittings, polished granite worktops and stainless steel extractors.
- Smoking was initially restricted to the bar area of the clubhouse after an unserviceable extractor fan was removed during a £26,000 refurbishment earlier in the year.
- An extractor fan was provided for ventilating the equipment room.
- Open the windows and switch on the extractor fan above the hob.