- a criminal who extorts money from someone by threatening to expose embarrassing information about them
How To Use extortioner In A Sentence
- According to the reports, many of these extortioners are recently released prisoners.
- But the cure hoping to recall the extortioner to something like a sense of shame, exclaimed: The Honor of the Name
- A kite, a glead, a puttock; alfo a greedy extortioner; a kind of flying fiflj. Archaeologia Britannica, giving some account additional to what has been hitherto publish'd, of the languages, histories and customs of the original inhabitants of Great Britain: : from collections and observations in travels through Wales, Cornwal, B
- And in demanding massive escrow accounts to be distributed by political appointees through extra-legal processes, the president has assumed the role of extortioner-in-chief. Hayward Testimony: All That Was Missing Were The Waterboards
- To ask Jacob to lend me money, to beg him to give me more time to pay a debt, to cajole and bully him by turns, to call him alternately usurer and _my honest fellow_, extortioner and _my friend Jacob_ -- my tongue could not have uttered the words, my soul detested the thought; yet all this, and more, could Mowbray do, and did. Tales and Novels — Volume 09
- That they should not long need their kindness, or be troublesome to them: For the extortioner is almost at an end already, and the spoiler ceases. Commentary on the Whole Bible Volume IV (Isaiah to Malachi)
- It's all about cost of living, and husbandry, and sustainability, and not spending the rest of your life - as an individual or a business - paying blackmail to extortioners.
- Mr Prasad, however, refused to name the extortioners.
- Let the extortioner catch all that he hath and let the strangers spoil his labor. David Van Biema: Bad News Psalms
- Why doesn't Harry Reid tell this extortioner to vote for the bill or lose his Chairmanship. Lieberman: I'll back health care bill without Medicare expansion