- a drive with its own power supply and fan mounted outside the computer system enclosure and connected to the computer by a cable
How To Use external drive In A Sentence
- External drives are available when the External Drive Boot is set to Enabled.
- The burglars forced open a window and took the laptop, an external drive and a bag containing computer disks. Times, Sunday Times
- However, the consortium neglected to invite hard drive vendors, who had no interest in reducing their margins even further to design ruggedized external drives.
- I've had an esata/usb external drive for a couple years and after the first week I got it, I haven't used the esata since. Bit-tech.net Feed
- When attaching the external drive, make sure the server has been shut down and powered off.
- And malicious software could corrupt or erase files on the external drive.
- The front fascia is completely removable - you simply pull it off, and the clips at each corner release, leaving you with clear access to the external drive bays, and their EMF covers.
- If internal drive is not currently installed you may use target 5 for the external drive.
- The trick with external drives is that you can control the period of time they operate and maybe extend the time before they would fail giving you a relatively safer storage space. Aussies Addicted To External Hard Drives | Lifehacker Australia
- You unmount the external drive while Time Machine backs up to it.