[ UK /ɛkstˈɜːnəl/ ]
[ US /ɪkˈstɝnəɫ/ ]
[ US /ɪkˈstɝnəɫ/ ]
from or between other countries
developing nations need outside help
happening or arising or located outside or beyond some limits or especially surface
the external auditory canal
coming from the outside
relying upon an extraneous income
extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph
disdaining outside pressure groups
purely outward or superficial
an external concern for reputation
he enjoyed the solemn externals of religion
How To Use external In A Sentence
- The chapel or church claims greater antiquity than any other in that part of the kingdom; but there is no appearance of this in the external aspect of the present edifice, unless it be in the two eastern windows, which remain unmodernized, and in the lower part of the steeple. The Life of Charlotte Bronte
- External warts can appear as small bumps, or they may be flat, verrucous, or pedunculated.
- The problem of environmental pollution roots in the characteristic of public goods and negative externality.
- Prof. Hamilton, of Aberdeen, claims that the corpus callosum is not a commissure, but the decussation of cortical fibers on their way down to enter the internal and external capsules of the opposite side. Scientific American Supplement, No. 520, December 19, 1885
- After all, Scottish football teams have constantly demonstrated their ability to demolish our dreams without external assistance.
- Ajmal Aqtash, writes that, "The exhibition traces the evolution of Lalvani's genomic art as filtered through two major series, AlgoRhythms ™ and XURF ™, each exploring Lalvani's principal concern with the relationship between genetic codes and sculptural creation, and more specifically, between" genomics "- sculpture derived from formal rules, and" epigenomics "- works created through external agents like forces, respectively. Steven Mesler: Form Follows Force: Haresh Lalvani
- The main purpose of an external house journal is to promote the organization, its products, and its services.
- It also reveals a preference for debt over equity as a means of providing external funding.
- The ear canal also named middle ear splays out at the external position.
- To further clarify the benefit of the combination of topical techniques for tumour destruction and external beam radiotherapy randomised studies are required.