[ UK /ɛkspəɹˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ US /ˌɛkspɝˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ US /ˌɛkspɝˈeɪʃən/ ]
- the act of expelling air from the lungs
a coming to an end of a contract period
the expiry of his driver's license
euphemistic expressions for death
thousands mourned his passing
How To Use expiration In A Sentence
- But, the sale of twice as many higher-strike calls exposes the investor to losses should shares in the name soar 61.2% over the current price to surpass the upper breakeven point at $20.10 by expiration day in January 2012. Bulls Tune Into TiVO Calls, Bears Tear Into Abercrombie
- The sale of the calls reduces the price paid to get long the stock to $5.68 from $6.13, and provides an effective exit strategy for the trader should the contracts land in-the-money by June expiration. Bulls Dive Into Jim Beam, Speculation Seen In KKR
- EIA's symptoms include wheezing, coughing, prolonged expiration, rapid heart rate and tightness of the chest.
- Thu 10/22/09 6: 48 PM tuna salad past it’s expiration date, pumpkin insides, apple cores, the gum from underneath my shoe, the stuff I swept out from underneath my kids beds, the after effects of a sixth grade science experiment gone horribly wrong … Is Jon Gosselin worth $10K? (Hate to say it, but maybe he is...) | EW.com
- Eight and a half years ago, when the oncological bookmakers gave my father three years to live, we sat together in his hospital room and vowed that, if he survived, the two of us would take a trip each year to celebrate his outliving his expiration date by another twelvemonth. Joshuah Bearman: Travels with Wells Tower, or Another Reason Why Magazines Should Hire More Fiction Writers
- If signing with 19 Entertainment were a good idea, its Idol winners would neither sue to get out of their bad contracts or at the minimum re-sign at their expiration. Morris W. O'Kelly: Why You (and I) Shouldn't Root for Jacob Lusk to Win American Idol
- Two hours and fifteen minutes into the game, upon the expiration of his seventh turn, Ted removed his glasses to wipe them slowly with the worn cotton of his flannel shirt.
- In order to set that up, the council agreed on the term expiration date for places one and two being March 15, 2011 and term expiration date for places three, four and five being March 15, 2013. The Daily Sentinel: News
- Early glottic closure is seen as an abrupt cessation of flow during expiration, visible as a sharp downslope on the expiratory flow volume curve.
- He himself refused to renew his contract after its expiration on June 30, saying that ‘he was not able to work in such an atmosphere.’