[ US /ɪkˈspɛɫ/ ]
[ UK /ɛkspˈɛl/ ]
[ UK /ɛkspˈɛl/ ]
remove from a position or office
The chairman was ousted after he misappropriated funds
eliminate (a substance)
combustion products are exhausted in the engine
the plant releases a gas
cause to flee
rout out the fighters from their caves
force to leave or move out
He was expelled from his native country
How To Use expel In A Sentence
- Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a member.
- His traumatised son was expelled from two schools. Times, Sunday Times
- The protons recombine with the oxygen in the air that's also flowing through the fuel cell and is then expelled as water vapor.
- She was expelled from the party for opposing neo-liberalism and is one of the founders of a new socialist party in her country.
- This led to a communal bloodbath in which hundreds of thousands were killed and many thousands more were expelled from their homes.
- The volume expansion provides an excellent mechanism to expel and propel fluid products – including hydrocarbons – from the area of serpentinization to seep sites at the crust hydrosphere/atmosphere interface. At it Again
- Yet as blogger Wesley Elsberry discovered when he searched domain registrations, the producers registered the URL "expelledthemovie. com" on March 1, 2007 -- more than a month (and in some cases, several months) before the scientists were interviewed. Archive 2008-04-01
- It is however possible to compress the cell packs subsequent to their formation and prior to inserting them into their final container to expel at least a proportion of their electrolyte which will reduce the amount of electrolyte which needs to be gassed off in the finished cells.
- It is always a good idea to take your mom to the vet shortly after whelping to be sure she has not retained a placenta or even a dead puppy that will need to be expelled.
- Tabasheer , safflower and calamine can clear away lung heat, expel toxic heat, sedate mind, and calm fright. Savory rhododendron leaf can clear away heat, diminish swelling, and tonify kidney.