[ US /ɪɡˈzɑtɪk/ ]
[ UK /ɛɡzˈɒtɪk/ ]
[ UK /ɛɡzˈɒtɪk/ ]
strikingly strange or unusual
the exotic landscape of a dead planet
an exotic hair style
protons, neutrons, electrons and all their exotic variants
being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world
exotic plants in a greenhouse
How To Use exotic In A Sentence
- Another category of vessels and flatware was distinguished by the use of precious stones or exotic materials, such as coral, mother-of-pearl, or coconut shell.
- Plantations of exotic non-native trees use up large quantities of water, which can have adverse affects on natural habitats.
- Compared to a Finno-Ugric language like Estonian or Hungarian, which has tons of cases with exotic names like the inessive, superessive, ablative, translative, and exessive, English seems as poor as a pauper on payday. 2009 October « Motivated Grammar
- Over 300,000 visitors a year enjoy the waterfalls, flower gardens, exotic birds, animal life and the children's playground.
- The exotic flowers we crossbred on the farm never lasted as long as the wild ones which grew naturally.
- No doubt some of these are metrosexuals, those city-dwelling gents with more than enough disposable income to spend on clothes, restaurants, the latest gadgets, exotic holidays and eyebrow waxing.
- It’s supposed to contain something from this exotic melon called SOD or superoxide dismutase which is a protein also found in the melons of a good ole cantaloupe. Cindy Crawford Gets Extorted For Some Reason
- Also called ionized (or charged) gas, plasma can be as common as in fluorescent light bulbs or exotic in the extreme, as a thermonuclear explosion. India eNews
- Whether it is a native cat, previously thought extinct, or an escaped exotic pet, the Beast of Bodmin is a creature that refuses to disappear.
- I finally understood the slowly growing heat rise in the lake — it was energy leakage from whatever that mascon really was, some very exotic bloc of matter, a giant quark, something. The Year's Best Science Fiction 23rd Annual Collection