[ UK /ɛɡzˈɛmplɐ/ ]
[ US /ɪɡˈzɛmpɫɑɹ/ ]
[ US /ɪɡˈzɛmpɫɑɹ/ ]
something to be imitated
he is the very model of a modern major general
an exemplar of success
a model of clarity
How To Use exemplar In A Sentence
- ‘I ask the court for an exemplary sentence,’ said Mr Rubira after the court heard two months of testimony.
- It means ambulance workers now join police and fire personnel in having a prestigious medal for exemplary services. The Sun
- Armantrout's short lines, use of rhetoric, aggressive lineation, disjunctions and juxtapositions, discursiveness, parataxis, and myriad condensatory techniques are all exemplary, but never overbearing. Seth Abramson: November 2011 Contemporary Poetry Reviews
- One of the primary objectives of the Calcutta celebration is to crystallize this counter-exemplarity in the very space where previous observers, including Projection, Patriotism, Surrogation: Handel in Calcutta
- This "quidam," as she called him -- for his name was beneath the cognizance of an Emperor's bastard daughter -- had by her orders received rigorous and exemplary justice. PG Edition of Netherlands series — Complete
- But if lawyers and solicitors wish themselves to be identified as men of noble standing and exemplariness then they deserve the kind of reverence they will yield from the public should they decide to embrace Karpal Singh's call to sieve out bad hats. Malaysiakini :: News
- Athlete behavior is meant to be exemplary and virtuous and sustain the rags to riches myths of successful sports stars from humble origins.
- Over the years, firemen have been rendering exemplary service at the most testing times.
- Yet her role as a social exemplar has not received due attention; for instance, her refusal to marry.
- He settled in Baltimore and was appointed to the collectorship of the port, by the Governor of the State, the duties of which he discharged with the same exemplary fidelity which had attended his military career. A sketch of the life and services of Gen. Otho Holland Williams Read before the Maryland historical society, on Thursday evening, March 6, 1851