[ UK /ˈɛksɪkjˌuːtɪd/ ]
[ US /ˈɛksəkˌjutɪd/ ]
[ US /ˈɛksəkˌjutɪd/ ]
put to death as punishment
claimed the body of the executed traitor
How To Use executed In A Sentence
- Calis, and so on the mondaie following, [Sidenote: Iohn Hall executed.] he was drawne from the Tower to Tiburne, and there hanged, bowelled, headed, and quartered: his head being sent to Calis there to be set vp, where the duke was murthered. Chronicles (3 of 6): Historie of England (1 of 9) Henrie IV
- Swiss counter-intelligence was very effective, too, and 387 spies, mostly Swiss but including 100 Germans, were captured and brought to trial of whom 17 were executed.
- What about the gorgeous symmetry of a well executed hexadecagon, or the quirky lurch of the isotoxal decagram. Cheeseburger Gothic » The Ladies Blue Room. Or something.
- The play is a little overlong and would benefit from cuts, but each scene is interesting and changes are smoothly executed.
- A day later, the state of Georgia executed Troy Davis, a black man accused of killing a white police officer more than 20 years ago, despite what GOP Rep. Bob Barr called the conviction's reliance on "the skimpiest of evidence," and, in the words of former FBI director William Sessions, "pervasive, persistent doubts" about Davis' guilt. Arianna Huffington: Sunday Roundup
- The hi-tech visions appear as fully executed architectonic meditations, linking architecture with landscape and making ground-breaking technology an important component of the program. Grand Illusions on the Hudson
- His escape meant that he had to be figuratively executed, with the result that the people, ideas, and culture associated with him were outlawed and destroyed in his stead.
- Eighty-two of the Andry rebels were killed or executed soon after capture.
- The principal rooms, both downstairs and upstairs, have decorative mantelpieces and cornices that are imaginatively conceived and neatly executed.
- But where normal graffiti is executed freehand and as a one-off, stencil graffiti combines the Pop Art ethos of multiples with an aesthetic that mimics the punchy signage favoured by authority.