- a tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate)
How To Use excise tax In A Sentence
- Clearly we are not likely to lower regressive excise taxes on cigarettes, nor are we likely to lower the payroll tax for lower-income workers.
- Finally, in other tech tax news, the IRS has just announced that 30 percent of filers this years have so far missed out on the refund they are owed from a long-distance excise tax. IRS Zeros in on eBay | Impact Lab
- Both opposed income taxes, excise taxes, and taxes on wealth in general.
- The biodiesel tax incentive is structured as a federal excise tax credit.
- In the long term, the ICT Ministry hopes to be able to levy excise tax on online games.
- To add to its woes, last month Russia raised excise tax on beer and there is a risk that kiosk beer sales may be banned. Times, Sunday Times
- Recall that with an excise tax, the wedge between what consumers pay and what producers receive was the tax, which was constant. Microeconomics: Price Theory in Practice
- Ok I am with Health care reform and hope they pass something but the Canadian's have national Healthcare because they pay for it not just in excise taxes on cigarettes but also higher income taxes much hire. President Obama meets with Canadian Prime Minister Harper
- Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, offered several amendments to the Baucus proposal to kill nearly $10 billion in excise taxes on the insurance industry, medical device manufacturers, clinical laboratories and manufacturers of imported brand drugs. Baucus plans changes to his own health care proposal
- Manufacturers of cigarettes must obtain permits from the tobacco-tax bureau, comply with recordkeeping rules and pay $10.07 in federal excise taxes for each carton of cigarettes they make. Cigarette Ruling Deals a Blow to 'Roll-Your-Own' Retail Shops