[ US /ɪɡˈzæmɪn/ ]
[ UK /ɛɡzˈæmɪn/ ]
[ UK /ɛɡzˈæmɪn/ ]
observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect
The customs agent examined the baggage
I must see your passport before you can enter the country
- question closely
put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
Test this recipe
This approach has been tried with good results
- question or examine thoroughly and closely
consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
analyze the evidence in a criminal trial
analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare
analyze your real motives
How To Use examine In A Sentence
- Furthermore, in order to assess the special disability and whether there has been unconscionable conduct, it is essential to also examine the actual actions of those against whom that conduct is impugned.
- This blogger is a seriously insecure woman who needs to examine her shaky sense of privilege before again attempting to write about transpeople. The Brave One Goes Crazy And Murders Weekend Box Office
- We examined publication bias and related biases in funnel plots and carried out a test of funnel plot asymmetry.
- First examine the entries on the marriage register.
- Somebody comes forward, examines, and then draws from out the grave, where it has lain, directly under the body, a knife -- a knife of peculiar shape and workmanship -- a long, keen, _surgeon's knife_! The Diamond Coterie
- Physical examination Your doctor will also examine you for additional clues. BMA Family Doctor Guide - Heart Disease
- If any are found, a biopsy then takes place, where small samples of body tissue are examined under the microscope for abnormal cells. The Sun
- Profound stupor associated with depression also responds to IV sodium amobarbital, thus permitting conversation between the patient and examiner, which often reveals depressive symptoms. The Neuropsychiatric Guide to Modern Everyday Psychiatry
- International relations examines the political relations between countries and the dynamics within the worldwide system of states.
- He examines orders of elements and proves (although not in this notation) that there is a subgroup for every number dividing the order of a cyclic group.