[ UK /ɛɡzˈɒltɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ɪɡˈzɔɫtɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ɪɡˈzɔɫtɪŋ/ ]
tending to exalt
an exalting eulogy
How To Use exalting In A Sentence
- How did the Los Angeles Times, through images, walk a fine line between exalting the order of law and fanning the flames of white hysteria?
- Pierre le grand: Or, "The poker chip" and "The buskin," Bacchus, and Aphrodite (not Venus), Comus, and Momus: exalting natural virtues and rebuking hypocracy both in church and state by J. W Rogers New York Times Hypes Iran Threat By Pretending Not To
- And I appreheud that it is this exalting or etherealising attribute of beauty to which all poets, all writers who would poetise the realities of life, have unconsciously rendered homage, in the rank to which they elevate what, stripped of such attribute, would be but a gaudy idol of painted clay. What Will He Do with It? — Volume 07
- 'This nectarean draught,' he continued, 'I even consider to possess purifying and exalting qualities. Aurelian or, Rome in the Third Century
- Philippe had thus made a great step in exalting the power of the crown. A Parallel History of France and England; Consisting of Outlines and Dates
- David or Zerubbabel (compare Hag 2: 2; Zec 4: 7-10) be primarily meant, there is here typically represented God's more wonderful doings in exalting Christ, crucified as an impostor, to be the Prince and Saviour and Head of His Church. Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible
- an exalting eulogy
- Whether exalting technology over people, or people over technology, we are not moving beyond the binaries that are currently limiting us.
- Yet she used to lament that certain writers of the first class, who were capable of exalting virtue, and of putting vice out of countenance, too generally employed themselves in works of imagination only, upon subjects merely speculative, disinteresting and unedifying, from which no useful moral or example could be drawn. Clarissa Harlowe
- I walked around listening to whispered words exalting Grandma Edith's prize winning chrysanthemums, how proud she was of her grandkids, especially Rose, for being selected to go to Girl's State when she was a junior in high school.