affecting things past
retroactive tax increase
an ex-post-facto law
How To Use ex post facto In A Sentence
- The common law is pretty clear about the impermissibility of ex post facto legislation and bills of attainder. Archive 2009-03-01
- He was never going to be available for sporadic short-term gigs, except in an ex post facto fantasy about the Cohan years. SFGate: Top News Stories
- No one can alter the fact, ex post facto.
- Strengthening the financial emergency management capacity building, improve the prevention of systemic risk in advance of the coping mechanisms and ex post facto .
- So they pass a bill which is an ex post facto bill as well as a bill of attainder, which is unconstitutional, so they're using the tax code to punish people. CNN Transcript Mar 20, 2009
- The rule of law proscribes ex post facto legislation.