[ UK /ˈɛvət/ ]
[ US /ɪˈvɝt/ ]
[ US /ɪˈvɝt/ ]
- United States tennis player who won women's singles titles in the United States and at Wimbledon (born in 1954)
How To Use Evert In A Sentence
- I might have understood how clumsy I was, when I was rearing my children in the most utter idleness and luxury, to reform other people and their children, who were perishing from idleness in what I called the den of the Rzhanoff house, where, nevertheless, three-fourths of the people toil for themselves and for others. What to Do?
- Nevertheless, the international credit crunch and the weakening of global growth will "aggravate" the slowdown of the Icelandic economy, Mr. Haarde said. As Iceland's Krona Falls,
- Nevertheless, women did not enjoy juridical equality in marriage and the family until new family legislation was passed in 1977.
- Jackson said her boss became increasingly depressed and reverted to smoking heavily.
- Nevertheless, CNN has talked to a "language analyst" who gets paid to "[analyze and catalogue] trends in word usage and word choice and their impact on culture," and they report that Obama was too "professorial," and now America is at grave risk of not passing its midterm exams on the oil spill. Obama Oil Spill Speech Criticized By CNN's Language Analyst For Not Being Moronic Enough [UPDATE]
- When the lease ends, the property reverts to the freeholder.
- Nevertheless, it has to be recognised that several interests may feel threatened by an advertising ban.
- And especially to evert person out there for whom doing what you love is a giant scream saying, “I exist, I exist, I exist!” Archive 2008-11-01
- Employees who opt for the scheme will be expected to revert to their former employment contract once their children reach 14.
- Nevertheless, he was clean-shaven, his hair was cut and his ears were clean. Stephanie Gertler: Vanishing in New York City