- (Anglican Church) a daily evening service with prayers prescribed in the Book of Common Prayer
How To Use Evening Prayer In A Sentence
- He died while his gardeners, two servants, three security guards and four chauffeurs were still chanting part of the confession of faith after the evening prayer in the larger prayer house close to the swimming pool in his mansion.
- Somewhere, far away, the priests of Amon were chanting the evening prayer. THEBES OF THE HUNDRED GATES
- Each person contributes from the leathern bottles and bags at his saddle-bow a portion towards the general mess, which is prepared by a certain number of the party in turn; and while it is being made ready, the others having said their evening prayers and performed their ablutions resign themselves to the soothing influences of the chibouque, if not prohibited, and to the cordial of coffee, if they have any. Life of Schamyl And Narrative of the Circassian War of Independence Against Russia
- There was Rosary in the church on Sunday evening and devotions including Evening Prayer was held on Tuesday.
- The same dress code applies to marriages and funerals and normally applies to morning and evening prayer on Sundays.
- Morning prayer at Iona never concludes with a benediction; evening prayer never begins with a call to worship.
- In the Church of England service for Evening Prayer we pray, Give peace in our time, O Lord.
- Morning prayer is said every weekday morning, and evening prayer or evensong every night.
- The 30-minute worship draws upon an Anglican prayer service from New Zealand, Lutheran or Episcopal compline, and Holden Evening Prayer.
- Attendance at evening prayers is not compulsory.