not easily irritated
not everyone shared his placid temperament
an equable temper
remained placid despite the repeated delays
How To Use even-tempered In A Sentence
- He is quite even-tempered and intensely funny in a quiet way.
- For the most part he was a quiet and even-tempered kid. The Last of Boland
- Oliphant often showed an even-tempered normality which surprised and a little shamed them all. IN LOVE AND WAR
- We all get polemical from time to time, some of us more than others, but Damian was ever the gentleman: even-tempered, assertive without being offensive, never descending to namecalling. Archive 2009-04-01
- And though he likes the view from where he is, it's not easy to always be the smiling face, the urbane, even-tempered young man.
- But it helps to have good people around you, people who are also even-tempered and stable.
- She talked slowly, in her calm, even-tempered way.
- The eulogists - and many of them knew Gerry a lot longer than this writer - have variously described him as an even-tempered, good-humoured and generous man, traits of his character we all knew and recognised.
- As far as he was concerned, I was a sweet and even-tempered child, intense and serious for my age, but obedient nonetheless. The Dark Side of Innocence
- She was referring to Emanuel's notoriously stormy temper, compared with his even-tempered television commercials, and denied afterwards that she was comparing Emanuel to the Nazi dictator. Moseley Braun Wins Big Endorsement, Compares Rahm's Persona To Hitler