[ US /iˈvækjəˌeɪt, ɪˈvækjəˌeɪt/ ]
[ UK /ɪvˈækjuːˌeɪt/ ]
[ UK /ɪvˈækjuːˌeɪt/ ]
- excrete or discharge from the body
evacuate the bottle
- move people from their homes or country
- create a vacuum in (a bulb, flask, reaction vessel)
move out of an unsafe location into safety
After the earthquake, residents were evacuated
How To Use evacuate In A Sentence
- Much later, Tomlinson realized that the hotel had already been hit and that all the journalists were either fleeing their rooms or helping evacuate the mortally wounded reporters.
- A team of rescue Sherpa evacuated the two men down through the towering seracs and debris to Base Camp where they were quickly flown to Kathmandu by helicopter.
- In some pools, there are no fish or other aquatic animals at all because fishermen have even evacuated all the water with pumps in order to catch the fish.
- People inside the 50-kilometer (30-mile) tunnel, known as the Chunnel, were evacuated through a service tunnel that runs between the two train-carrying tunnels, Eurotunnel officials said. Top Stories - Google News
- She first encountered the phenomenon when one of her colleagues from the Top End related the story of a man who was evacuated from an outstation with a deteriorating medical condition.
- One hundred people were evacuated from a village near York today after a storage tank leaked, releasing an explosive cloud of propane gas.
- It was about 11: 05 this morning, while while we were asking questions of Mr. Fleischer -- as we always do in the morning -- what we call the gaggle -- Gordon Johndroe, who is an assistant who works for Mr. Fleischer, came in and handed him a Post-it note it, and on that note it said, We must evacuate this section of the West Wing. CNN Transcript Jul 12, 2001
- Of the original twenty captive-bred maracanas that had arrived in Brazil, one had died and eight had been evacuated; this left eleven. SPIX'S MACAW: THE RACE TO SAVE THE WORLD'S RAREST BIRD
- Oil prices shot up nearly US $1.50 a barrel yesterday as oil and natural gas producers evacuated rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Delegates evacuated the building when a suspect package was found.