an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union
How To Use European Union In A Sentence
- The European Union is still feeling its way towards common policies.
- He acted as a pro-American power broker and an alternative voice to the German-French axis within the European Union.
- The European Union and Japan ratify the Kyoto protocol on climate change, binding themselves to cut greenhouse-gas emissions - by eight per cent from 1990 levels by 2008-12 in Europe, and by six per cent in Japan.
- The expansion of the SVHC list is part of a long term European Union strategy to regulate and limit the use of hazardous substances. THE MEDICAL NEWS
- The European Union boycott and American prohibitions are not seriously handicapping Burma.
- They point out that the single market and European Union expansion are not being built on a strong social platform.
- BRUSSELS—Russia's failure to rescind a ban on European Union fruit and vegetable imports, agreed at a summit last week, has riled the European Commission, which is requesting the ban be removed immediately. EU: 'No Justification' for Russia Vegetable Ban
- Over that time frame, the European Union's eastward expansion will place Berlin at the heart of the continent.
- The European Union has launched an investigation into South Korean shipbuilders amid complaints they are receiving government aid which allows them to sell new ships below cost.
- Thanks to our wonderful European Union open borders, any rapist, armed robber, child-trafficker, drug dealer or fraudster from a member state can walk right in. Doughnuts and Diversity; the essential ingredients of modern British policing. « POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG