- minute single-celled green freshwater organism having a single flagella; often classed as algae
How To Use euglena In A Sentence
- Molecular analysis of the graviperception signal transduction in the flagellate Euglena gracilis: Involvement of a transient receptor potential-like channel and a calmodulin. SpaceRef Top Stories
- Lebert and Hader observed a curious phototactic phenomenon in eyeless mutants of Euglena, i.e. it swam perpendicularly with respect to the incident light, namely, diaphototaxis.
- For example purposeful behavior surely occurred in unicellular eukaryotic ancestors of modern organisms like paramecia and euglena who perform rather complex adaptive movements. Coordinated Evolution
- In 1883, he demonstrated that phototaxis of other protozoans toward Euglena was due to light-induced production of oxygen in the latter.
- The euglenas main way of transporting itself is by swimming, the flagellum is mad up of of four part known as contractile fibrils, it uses these four fibrils to bend back and forth moving the creature along. CreationWiki - Recent changes [en]
- He showed that the amoeba Pelomyxa became immotile upon illumination, whereas the photosynthetic alga Euglena was attracted to light.
- The euglena is a protist and is one of the longer looking cells. CreationWiki - Recent changes [en]
- Close to the middle of the front of the euglena is a long skinny whip like structure called the flagellum which comes out of the organ called the mouth. CreationWiki - Recent changes [en]
- You can see the giant euglena in the background of this picture. ideonexus.com 2007 »Mart»
- Bir dev bir euglena, bir tek hücreli organizma modeli dönen bir kamçı da merkez dışında bulunur. ideonexus.com 2007 »Mart»