- French dramatist (born in Romania) who was a leading exponent of the theater of the absurd (1912-1994)
How To Use Eugene Ionesco In A Sentence
- June 17th, 2006 at 12:05 am just popping in on way to bed … my first french textbook was written by Eugene Ionesco … provided me with a most shall we say surreal vocabulary complete with the wonderful word “bathyscape” … nowadays my vocabulary consists of de rien and alors! with an occasional mon petit chouchou thrown in. Firedoglake » Late Nite FDL: Waiting for Wankette
- First staged in 1968, the play has often been compared to the surreal and absurd works of world-renowned dramatists Harold Pinter and Eugéne Ionesco.
- Samuel Beckett and Eugene Ionesco have written plays for the theater of the absurd
- The main way out of this is found in the work of dramatists like Eugene Ionesco and Samuel Beckett, who can enact the metaphysic of drama without providing a theory for its interpretation.