[ US /ɛθˈnɪsɪti/ ]
[ UK /ɛθnˈɪsɪti/ ]
[ UK /ɛθnˈɪsɪti/ ]
an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties
ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations
How To Use ethnicity In A Sentence
- Fifty consecutive, nonobese, habitually snoring, otherwise-healthy children (age range: 6-9 years) and 50 age -, gender -, and ethnicity-matched obese children (BMI z score: 1.67) underwent an overnight polysomnographic evaluation, followed by a multiple sleep latency test the following day. Dr. Sharma’s Obesity Notes » Blog Archive » Is Sleep Apnea a Significant Problem in Sleepy Kids?
- I want to integrate my sexuality with all the other weaves of my self: burn any architectural plans that mount my gayness above my race, ethnicity, and age.
- The federal workforce is also as diverse as the public as a whole in terms of ethnicity and gender, though it is better educated.
- In retrospect, it appears we required a developed and reflexive feminist, gay and transgendered global vision to see through the prejudice governing sexuality, gender, ethnicity and the legislative restraints that paternally impose on enculturation and self-identification. G. Roger Denson: Gender as Performance & Script: Reading the Art of Yvonne Rainer, Cindy Sherman, Sarah Charlesworth & Lorna Simpson After Eve Sedgwick & Judith Butler
- They are, at the same time, autobiographies that emphasize how memories and consciousness of the working of ethnicity in the United States inform and nuance their writing.
- As far as I know no similar analysis of party organizations exists for ethnicity.
- Renin and atrial natriuretic peptide restriction fragment length polymorphisms: association with ethnicity and blood pressure.
- The co-op offers packages grouped according to ethnicity, borough and frequency, and verifies unaudited circulations.
- It does not discriminate on the ground of race, religion, colour or ethnicity.
- As the election in 2003 approached, Mr. Kagame's main rival was accused of "divisionism," or advocating one ethnicity over another. Land That Outlawed Hate On Edge as Key Vote Nears