[ US /ˌiθiˈoʊpiə/ ]
- Ethiopia is a republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea; formerly called Abyssinia
How To Use Ethiopia In A Sentence
- Volunteers must be fluent in English and at least one of these languages: French, Amharic, Tigrinya (Ethiopian), Arabic or Farsi. Fairfax County volunteer opportunities
- Even Ethiopia, situated on a high plateau, which was cut up by mountains and vast canyons that made internal travel difficult, was accessible only from an exceptionally hot and unpleasant desert coast.
- The Bush administration claimed that Ethiopia was the linch-pin of its regional counterterrorism strategy and a vital beacon of stability. With a Friend Like This
- ETHIOPIA-KENYA: Dam "busters" say Gibe 3 puts thousands at risk photo: PIB of India/Photo Division, Ministry of Information WN.com - Articles related to South Asia businesses and tourism hit by air crisis
- Infrared photography, which is widely used to view underdrawings in painting conservation, has been applied to the Museum's six Ethiopian icons.
- Some visitors to the to the Kedoshei Yisrael Shul in Kiryat Gat are taken by surprise when they see the rav is a member of Israel's Ethiopian community, not what one might expect in a shul of survivors of the Shoah. YESHIVA WORLD NEWS
- Victims of lathyrism, "crawlers", are numerous among the poor in Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh and Nepal where the affliction remains a present threat. The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
- I had made these with my own hands, and styled them on the Ethiopian model of beauty, full and floccose. River God
- This Ethiopian farmer is facing famine again and, to keep his eight children alive, has been reduced to collecting wood and grass from the bush to sell at market for two birr a bundle.
- Transcribing the Ethiopian text into the English alphabet was their first task.